"You do not get a second chance to make a first impression”
- House number and letterbox in easy to see position.
- Guttering cleared and in good repair.
- Garage/Carport clean and tidy.
- Repair any cracked or broken windows Hedges & shrubs trimmed, edges & lawns freshly cut.
- Landscaping & Garden appearance is important and appreciated. Pretty, modern and maintenance – works.
General Interior Impressions
Ensure that front entrance way is clean, tidy and uncluttered.
Working doorbell Firm door knobs and handles.
Lights must all work. Leave some lights on to create atmosphere.
Heat home if weather is cool, and cool if weather is hot.
Ensure hallways/stairways are free from clutter
Drapes need to be open and carpets freshly vacuumed.
If possible, have some freshly cut flowers various rooms.
- Clean and polish all surfaces such as mirrors, fixtures and taps.
All taps to be in good order without dripping.
Floors must be cleaned and rubbish containers emptied.
Check that cupboards and cabinets are neat and tidy inside.
Scrub and clean all visible mould.
- Clean and polish sink, taps, splash backs, cook tops and benches.
- Clean all appliances.
- Small appliances must be put away to avoid the cluttered look.
- Ensure the oven and dishwasher are clean inside.
- Ensure bins are empty and all sponges/tea towels look and smell clean.
- All feature lights are on.
- Lock jewellery, cash and other valuables safely away or take them with you.
- Check that valuables, such as art, vases, figurines and mementos are safely situated or locked away.
Creating an Atmosphere
- You could have light music playing in the background.
- Pets must be contained or absent during viewings.
- Have some soft fragrant oil burning in your home.
- Stay away from insense as some can give off a burning smell.
- The table or bench can be set with simple, modern and attractive dinnerware